Tomato paste or sauce, as it is more known, is tomatoes that have been cooked for several hours and reduced in the form of a thick red liquid. Tomato paste is sold in the markets in metal or paper cans or glass jars.
Tomato paste is the most canned food that is used heavily at homes because it contains many nutrients, it is characterized by the concentrated flavor of tomatoes, and it is free of fat. It is commonly used in many dishes, especially in Italian cuisine, as it is preferred by housewives because of its good taste and delicious flavor.
The Nutrient Value of Tomato Paste:
A big spoon of tomato paste contains a lot of menials and vitamins, including:
• Vitamin A: tomato paste contains244 international units of vitamin A.
• Antioxidants: Contains 3.5 mg of antioxidants.
• Iron: contains 0.5 mg of iron.
• Potassium: Contains 162 mg of potassium.
• Calories: Contains only 13 calories.
Benefits of Tomato Paste:
• Tomato paste helps to promote healthy skin and protect it from irritation that results from exposure to ultraviolet rays.
• Lycopene compounds that tomatoes contain reduce the harmful cholesterol levels and reduce the chances of developing blood clots.
• The antioxidants that exist in tomatoes and tomato paste fight free radicals that cause wrinkles and skin pigmentations.
• Tomato paste contains lycopene, lutein, and beta-carotene which enhances eye health and supports the vision.
• The dietary fibers and fluids which exist in tomatoes help to improve digestion and reduce the chances of various digestive problems.
How to Prepare Tomato Paste in the Factory:
Tomatoes go through several stages before they are made, and these stages are as follows:
1. Receiving tomatoes: Tomato fruits are sourced from trusted farmers or suppliers; to ensure the quality of fruits.
2. Washing tomato fruits: The fruits are sorted and the good ones are extracted for use, as they are soaked in a large basin for 5 minutes and washed in a good way. In the basin, there must be a special place for drainage, so that the contaminated water is extracted and running water is opened on the tomato fruits to ensure that they are free of any sediments.
3. Squeezing tomatoes: Take the amount of extracted tomatoes for work, and put it in a bowl on the fire, and it must be well filtered to get rid of the tomato pomace.
4. The process of concentration of the mixture: This process is considered an important step in which the tomatoes are ripened, and put at a temperature between 180 to 185 degrees Celsius; Pectin enzymes are stabilized so that the solids are separated from the liquid.
5. Cooling and heating: This process is considered one of the most important stages in the process of making tomato paste, where the paste is packed in glass jars and heated then cooled, to eliminate bacteria and get rid of them completely.
6. Filling tomato paste: The tomato paste shall fill the vending jars, and these jars must be sterilized. Lids shall be closed with a sealing machine, and the jars shall be turned over for a period of not less than a minute, for the component to be placed on the cover instead of the base of the jar, to maintain the PH level.
7. The final stage in making tomato paste: This stage is optional, some factories implement it and others do not, which is the stage of manufacturing ketchup, after the completion of the manufacture of sauce/tomato paste. Salt, sugar, and vinegar are placed along with spices such as black pepper, red pepper, onion, and garlic.
We at, Zadona Agro-Industrial Company, one of the Sinokrot Holding Companies, and the first Palestinian company specialized in agricultural industries and pickles, are distinguished by the manufacture of tomato paste with high quality and according to the international standards. To know more about our company please follow us on social networks.